When you come to think of it, new roof installation is by far, the most important of all home repairs. For obvious reasons, the roof is your home’s primary shield against the elements. You should understand the importance of a properly working roof before anything untoward happens. When it comes to installing a new roof, it basically stems from a number of factors. It’s either due to preemptive maintenance or out of necessity. Either way, you should be more informed about what goes on with your roof, when you need to have it serviced, and the right time for a replacement.
The basic roofing materials
Before you could have your roof replaced, you must pick out roofing material. The materials available in your area might differ. Your roofing contractor might also have something to recommend. However, here are some of the most common roofing materials to give you a clear idea of what you should be looking for:
- Asphalt shingles – this is the most popular roofing material that you can find. Asphalt shingles are durable and can last you a good two decades with proper maintenance. It is also relatively cheaper than any of the other roofing materials in the market, hence its massive popularity. However, it doesn’t have much in the looks department as asphalt shingles don’t really offer much. All you get is a flat design and nothing else. However, if you’re willing to pass up on a good looking roof for one that’s inexpensive and durable, asphalt shingles might be your best option for South Myrtle Beach roof installation.
- Wood shakes or shingles – A great option for homeowners looking to give their roof a more attractive look. It is way up on the price charts, though, as these types of roofing materials don’t come cheap. They also aren’t ideal for fire-risk places.
- Metal roofing – this type of roofing material has become popular over the years due to its certain qualities. Metal roofing is fireproof and durable which means you don’t need to worry about getting roofing repairs any time soon. However, the upfront costs might be a bit higher than other roofing options.
- Slate roofing – this is a top of the line roofing material. With that in mind, slate roofing is both attractive and expensive. It’s also not very easy to repair if in case it gets damaged.
- Composite slate – this type of roofing material is made almost entirely from recycled materials. It has gained popularity throughout the years and especially since people are growing more environmentally conscious.
- Clay or ceramic tile – in terms of durability, clay or ceramic tile roofing can deliver. However, this type of roofing may not be suitable for colder areas with a lot of snow. The sheer weight of the roofing material alone puts enough stress on the roof. This material is primarily used in areas with dry climates and little to no snowfall.
The cost of getting a new roof will vary due to certain factors. This mostly includes the availability of the materials, where you get it, and the contractor that installs the roof. If you want to have a roof replacement done with little to no hassle, always hire expert roofing contractors for the job. Only go for professionals like Greg Lilly Roofing & Restoration who can deliver on their word.
In need of a new roof? Go for the experts! Call Greg Lilly Roofing & Restoration today!
South Myrtle Beach Roofing
Pawleys Island, SC 29586